1 a sudden and severe onset of trouble
2 (military) an offensive against an enemy (using weapons); "the attack began at dawn" [syn: attack, onset, onrush]
3 the rapid and continuous delivery of linguistic communication (spoken or written) [syn: barrage, outpouring]
- A fierce attack.
- A large quantity of people or things resembling an attack.
- They opened the doors and prepared for the onslaught of holiday shoppers.
a fierce attack
- Hungarian: támadás
large quantity of people or things resembling an attack
An onslaught is a sudden and overwhelming attack.
Onslaught can also refer to:
- Onslaught (comics), a Marvel Comics supervillain.
- Onslaught (Magic: The Gathering), an expansion to the Magic: The Gathering collectible card game.
- Onslaught (video game), a 1989 Amiga platform beat'em up computer game.
- Onslaught (band), a British band.
- Onslaught (novel), a 2002 science fiction novel by David Sherman and Dan Cragg.
- Onslaught (Transformers) is the leader of the Combaticons, a Decepticon team in the Transformers series.
- A gametype in the first-person shooter computer game Unreal Tournament 2004.
- Onslaught (Pesticide), General Use Pesticide.
- A popular online flash game in the genre of tower defense.
abuse, aggravated assault, aggression, amphibious attack, appulse, armed assault, assailing, assailment, assault, attack, banzai attack, battering, berating, bitter words, blackening, blitz, blitzkrieg, breakthrough, brunt, bulldozing, bulling, bump, butchery, cannon, carambole, carom, charge, clash, collision, concussion, contumely, counterattack, counteroffensive, coup de main, crack-up, crash, crippling attack, crump, crunch, dead set at, descent on, diatribe, disorderliness, diversion, diversionary attack, drive, encounter, execration, flank attack, forcible seizure, frontal attack, gas attack, hammering, hard words, head-on attack, impact, impingement, infiltration, invective, jawing, jeremiad, killing, laying waste, lightning attack, lightning war, looting, mass attack, massacre, mauling, meeting, megadeath, mugging, obstreperousness, offense, offensive, onset, overkill, panzer warfare, percussion, philippic, pillaging, push, ramming, rape, rating, revilement, riot, rioting, run against, run at, rush, sacking, sally, screed, shock, shock tactics, sideswipe, slaughter, sledgehammering, smash, smash-up, smashing, sortie, sowing with salt, strike, thrusting, tirade, tongue-lashing, unprovoked assault, unruliness, vilification, violation, vituperation, whomp